The Cisco 1841 router (Figure 1) is the next generation of the Cisco 1800 Series integrated services routers based on the successful Cisco 1700 Series modular access routers. This router supplies secure data connectivity and has many advantages over the earlier models.
It has more than five times the performance and supports hardware-based encryption with an optional Cisco IOS ® Software security image. It also supports multiflex trunk cards (voice/WICs [VWICs]-for data only) and over 30 existing WAN interface cards (WICs).
The Cisco 1841 router delivers multiple, concurrent services for small-to-medium-sized businesses and small enterprise branch offices.
It offers optional features such as VPN acceleration, IPS and security system functions, integrated switch ports, and a real-time clock. It also has enough performance and slot density for future expansion and advanced applications.
The router can optionally support high-density WICs (HWICs).
• Supports concurrent deployment of high-performance, secure data services with headroom for future applications
• Offers wide variety of LAN and WAN options; network interfaces are field-upgradable to accommodate future technologies
|Integrated Hardware-Based Encryption Acceleration||
• Offers cryptography accelerator as standard integrated hardware that can be enabled with an optional Cisco IOS Software for 3DES and AES encryption support
|Ample Default Memory||
• Provides 64 MB of Flash and 256 MB of synchronous dynamic RAM (SDRAM) memory to support deployment of concurrent services
|Integrated Dual High-Speed Ethernet LAN Ports||
• Helps enable connectivity speeds up to 100BASE-T Ethernet technology without the need for cards and modules
|Support for Cisco IOS 12.3T, 12.4, 12.4T Feature Sets and Beyond||
• Supports the Cisco 1841 router starting with Cisco IOS Software Release 12.3T
|Integrated Standard Power Supply||
• Provides for easier installation and management of the router platform